The world of cosmetic treatments is rapidly changing – and new technology is leading the charge toward more patient-friendly treatment options. Once upon a time, if you wanted to lift and tighten skin on the face, you had one option: a surgical facelift. Not only does this procedure take longer, cost more, and involve significant downtime, the results aren’t always natural-looking or even an improvement. That’s because plastic surgery works independently the body, with the surgeon physically placing skin where they believe it belongs. Today’s non-invasive treatments are actually far more intuitive, and works with the body’s natural responses to yield results. This allows for anti-aging treatments that enhance your own natural appearance, rather than replacing it with another.
At Radiance Skincare & Laser Medspa, our anti-aging experts combine a variety of treatments to effect the precise changes you’re looking for. This might be just a subtle reduction of lines around the mouth – or it might be an entire mini lift. No matter what you’re seeking, there’s likely a nonsurgical option. Don’t believe that non-invasive treatments can lead to big results? Keep reading to learn how a treatment combination like Sculptra and Ultherapy can give patients the facelift they’ve been searching for – without ever going under the knife.
How Ultherapy and Sculptra Beat a Facelift (Big Time)
Ultherapy is currently one of the most effective skin tightening technologies – and it is the only one to use ultrasound energy to tighten and lift skin. The treatment delivers ultrasounds deep within the skin to encourage it to contract and lift. A wide variety of areas can be treated, from the neck to the brow to the cheeks and jawline. Results take hold in the weeks after treatment as the deeper layers of skin respond to the ultrasound and produce fresh collagen.
If you haven’t heard of Ultherapy combined with Sculptra, it may be because Sculptra is only offered by a select number of providers (including Radiance!) – but it’s making big waves. See, Sculptra is different from other dermal fillers. It doesn’t just replace lost volume, it actually stimulates collagen growth. Full results show within about 6 weeks of a series of injections.
As we learn more about how the skin ages, volume loss has become a bigger part of the conversation. This is rapidly becoming recognized as the major cause of premature aging of the face. Fat deposits located in the temples, cheeks, chin, and under eyes degrade over time, as the facial structure simultaneously loses bone tissue. These effects combine to lead to hollow-looking cheeks and eyes, smaller lips, lowered brow line, a smaller chin and jaw, and other telltale signs of aging. Sculptra’s dual approach to volume loss – as both a filler and a long-term collagen stimulant – helps patients enhance their Ultherapy results. Patients are thrilled by the opportunity to receive a natural-looking, comfortable and surgery-free mini facelift.
Ultherapy and Sculptra improve significantly upon the traditional facelift for many reasons, and we’ve detailed just a few below –
- No scars – There are no incisions and no scars involved with noninvasive treatments, and no need to worry about persistent scarring down the road.
- No anesthesia necessary – There is no need for general anesthesia or concerns about the risks and side effects of anesthesia.
- No downtime – Patients experience no downtime after Ultherapy or Sculptra, as opposed to weeks of recovery time to manage swelling and bruising after a facelift.
- More affordable – A facelift combined with the time off from work to recover can be extremely expensive. Ultherapy and Sculptra as a combination package are far more affordable.
- Address both skin lifting and volume loss – A facelift does not address volume loss – patients would require fat grafting on top of a facelift to incorporate this component of aging. Ultherapy and Sculptra tackle both concerns without surgery.
- Reduced risks / side effects – Risks involved with a facelift include numbness, nerve damage, hemorrhage, and the need for additional surgeries to correct results. Ultherapy and Sculptra’s risks are far less severe, and primarily involve swelling and bruising.
- More natural-looking results – Because Ultherapy and Sculptra trigger the body’s natural responses, they work with your own collagen production. This leads to additional collagen forming in the areas that look appropriate for your face. Facelifts must be performed by an excellent surgeon to yield similarly natural results.
Hoping to learn more? Reach out today to speak with our staff about noninvasive skin tightening & lifting.