PRP Facial Rejuvenation
Rejuvenate your skin – using your body’s own powers of healing. Platelet rich plasma provides patients with a safe and effective way to revitalize their skin, through a variety of applications. Whether you’re interested in restoring hair growth, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, or adding volume, PRP injections and treatments could play a role.
PRP is gathered from a small sample of your blood, then isolated and reintroduced to your skin through microneedling or injections. With both therapeutic and cosmetic treatment options, platelet rich plasma is a new area of focus that we are excited to introduce to our practice.
Main PRP Treatment Benefits
- Safe – Treatment safety is one of PRP’s primary advantages, as PRP cannot trigger an allergic response. Because the platelet rich plasma comes from your own blood, there is no risk of it irritating your skin in this way. You’re harvesting and isolating your body’s own powers of healing, and applying them to areas that will benefit – and that practice is unique to platelet rich plasma treatments.
- Convenient – The platelet rich plasma is isolated in our office, from a small sample of your blood. You will be able to complete treatment in 30 minutes to an hour, and get back to your day with just some mild redness.
- Natural results – Platelet rich plasma encourages cell growth and the skin’s healing. You are using your own plasma to trigger your body’s natural healing response, which means that the results will be gradual and natural-looking. Patients love how PRP results take hold over time so that they don’t look like they’ve had a treatment done, just like their best, most youthful self.
- Boosted healing – Because PRP contains growth and healing factors, it can help the skin heal from other treatments and also from signs of aging. Platelet rich plasma has been successfully used in bone regeneration, development of blood vessels, sports injury therapy, and more. Its ability to stimulate healing is extremely versatile and compelling.
What is the PRP Treatment Process?
PRP treatment is quick and straightforward, and can be completed entirely in our office.
- As with any treatment, you begin with a consultation with one of our providers. Our team will discuss your goals and treatment preferences, and develop the treatment plan that best suits you. This may include PRP alone, or alongside another treatment. Platelet rich plasma injections are very effective in prolonging results and also reducing healing time when used in combination with dermal fillers and microneedling. This is because PRP helps to stimulate gradual collagen growth.
- A small amount of your blood is drawn and placed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge then separates out the platelet rich plasma from other components of your blood. The platelet rich plasma is rich in proteins and important growth and healing factors.
- The PRP is reapplied to your body through microneedling or injections in the planned treatment areas. Your skin will be numbed to help prevent discomfort.
- In the weeks and months after treatment, the microneedled or injected platelet rich plasma encourages collagen growth and healing in the area, leading to a wide range of anti-aging and cosmetic benefits.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment Areas
- Even skin texture and tone
- Trigger new cell growth in the skin
- Add volume to the cheeks
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve brown spots and other signs of sun damage
- Gently tighten skin
- Lighten dark under eye circles
- Gradual results look natural and are guided by your body’s own healing response
Is PRP therapy right for my skin?
Treatment is appropriate for a wide range of patients, and may be for you. Schedule a consultation to meet with a member of our expert team and learn more about your options.