As the years go by, wrinkles start showing up in places you don’t always expect to age. The chest is one prominent example. Whether you love low-cut shirts or you just want to feel comfortable in a sundress, sagging skin and lines on the chest can be extremely frustrating.
A customized chest tightening treatment plan will get your skin smooth and boost your confidence. Stop hiding in turtlenecks and give your décolletage the attention it deserves.
Ready to learn more about our recommendations? Schedule a consultation to learn more.
Before your consultation, scroll down to learn more about the causes of chest wrinkles and how to best avoid them.
Why Chest Wrinkles Form
The causes of wrinkles
anywhere on the body can typically be broken down into two categories:
- Environmental factors – External components that negatively impact the skin like tobacco use, dehydration, and (most importantly) sun exposure. The sun’s UV rays damage healthy cells. The more sun exposure, the faster premature aging will take hold.
- Gradual loss of collagen and elastin – The ongoing breakdown of internal structures as the skin ages. We lose collagen and elastin as we grow older. The body no longer makes any elastin after puberty, so this loss will eventually have an impact on the skin’s appearance. Connective proteins help keep the skin firm and tightly in place. As they age and weaken, the skin sags and wrinkles form.
When considering chest wrinkles, there are a few unique factors that can deepen lines. This is because the chest has a very different function from other areas prone to wrinkling, like the face and neck. Chest wrinkles can be due to:
- Regular wear of pushup bras or sports bras – These bras constrict the breasts and encourage the development of wrinkles. Make sure you wear a bra that allows your breasts to rest comfortably and does not compress them together.
- Large breasts – Women with larger or augmented breasts are more likely to see wrinkles developing in their cleavage. This is because there is more breast tissue and breasts are more likely to form wrinkles between or above them.
- Sleeping on your side – Those who regularly sleep on their sides will experience their breasts laying to one side, with wrinkles forming between them. Try to sleep on your back to help your chest remain smoother.
Effective Chest Wrinkle Treatments
We offer a variety of treatments that will help improve chest wrinkles. Non-invasive measures can help improve chest wrinkles and yield gradual results as the body’s collagen production increases. Some recommended treatments include:
- Ultherapy – This ultrasound-based treatment delivers energy deep within the skin. Ultherapy is one of the most effective non-invasive skin tightening treatments available because the ultrasounds can target deep layers that are inaccessible to other energy types. As you can see in the before and after images above, this treatment can yield excellent results for patients with fine lines and wrinkles on the décolletage. If you’re curious about whether you might be an Ultherapy candidate, just get in touch to speak with our staff.
- Fraxel – Laser skin resurfacing can improve superficial skin damage to smooth skin overall. While this won’t have the same results as Ultherapy, it can be helpful for fine lines on the chest.
- Exilis Ultra – This device uses both radio frequency and ultrasound energy to accomplish tightening and toning of the skin. Uniquely, it’s available to use for areas across the body, including the chest.
- Chemical peels – If you’re looking for an affordable way to improve superficial damage, a series of chemical peels will improve pigmentation, fine lines, uneven skin tone and texture, and more. Results will be subtle but still noticeable.
Reach out today to learn more about what we might recommend for your chest wrinkles.