Visible veins make us cover areas of our skin that we should be comfortable showing off. Some patients spend decades with stressful veins and facial discoloration; some experience them from birth. No matter how much time you’ve spent with these frustrating blood vessels, you deserve skin that boosts your confidence. Laser vein therapy with the excel V™ will help reduce the appearance of these veins with a safe, comfortable procedure. If you’ve been considering vein surgery, learn more about laser vein treatment to see whether it’s appropriate for your skin.
How Laser Vein Treatment Works
- The excel V laser selectively treats hemoglobin in the veins without causing damage to surrounding tissues. Powerful pulses of laser energy target hemoglobin only, making treatment spot-specific.
- The hemoglobin absorbs laser light, and the resulting heat causes photocoagulation.
- The heat is transferred to the vessel wall, which helps destroy the vessel and prevent it from reforming.
- Throughout treatment, progress is precisely monitored to ensure that temperatures are safe and rays are evenly distributed.
- After individual veins are treated, they will not reappear. New veins may still appear if the underlying problem persists.
- Results typically show within 2 treatment sessions, after 2-4 weeks (full results appear within 2 months). We typically recommend waiting 6 weeks between treatments, although larger blood vessels may require longer healing periods.
- There is no anesthesia necessary, and treatment is largely painless, without downtime. Laser treatment is less invasive than sclerotherapy and surgical options. Get back to your daily life right away!
Types of Veins Appropriate for Laser Therapy
The excel V is incredibly versatile, and can be used across the body – even in difficult-to-reach areas of the skin. It also treats skin concerns outside of visible veins, some of which are listed below.
Treatable veins & more:
- Reticular veins or feeder veins – Often blue-green
- Telangiectasias or spider veins – Superficial, small veins that are pink or purple in color
- Facial veins
- Leg veins
- Port Wine Stains
- Venous Lakes
Laser Vein Therapy Aftercare
Most excel V patients do not experience pain or discomfort after treatment. There may be minor side effects like redness or swelling, but these typically fade within 24 hours. Follow these instructions to ensure proper healing and skin safety:
- Avoid intense aerobic exercise and weight lifting for 5-7 days
- Avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen on the treated area, even on cloudy days
- Do not smoke for ideal skin protection
- Use cold compresses or gel packs post-treatment (do not apply ice directly to the skin)
- Compression stockings may be useful to prevent bruising
- Avoid heat for at least 24 hours (hot tubs or saunas)
Losing leg veins, facial veins, red discoloration, and more could be as simple as a couple laser sessions. Simply schedule a consultation to learn more.