Feeling fed up with your changing skin? Between wrinkles, red spots and brown spots, fine lines, sagging skin, scarring, and uneven texture and tone, it’s enough to make you give up your anti-aging efforts entirely. But if you’re feeling overwhelmed, it might be time to take another look at the way you’re treating your skin. Why keep using dozens of topical creams twice a day when a single laser session could address all your skin concerns?
Laser skin resurfacing is incredibly popular – but it’s not perfect for every patient. But if you think you’d like to address a wide collection of aesthetic concerns at once, and you’re comfortable with the resurfacing process, it merits further investigation. Don’t get bogged down by the different types of lasers available – at Radiance Medspa, we have 2 unique lasers with distinct patient profiles, plus less-intense treatments that are right for patients not ready for laser care. Read on to get better-acquainted, and get in touch for a free consultation.
What Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Do?
- Improve effects of sun exposure
- Reverse signs of aging
- Enhance the color, texture, and superficial quality of your skin
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Subtly tighten delicate skin (especially around the eyes) to reduce sagging
- Reduce scarring from acne or minor injuries
Know Your Laser Resurfacing Terminology
The biggest difference between resurfacing lasers is whether they’re ablative or non-ablative. As with anything in life, there are different consequences involved with more or less dramatic results. A more demanding process will lead to more rewarding changes to your skin. Ablative lasers remove layers of skin and penetrate deeply for more dramatic changes. The associated healing period is more involved, with the treated skin flaking off and some redness. Non-ablative lasers are gentler and non-wounding. They stimulate collagen growth rather than actually removing skin, tightening and renewing the epidermis.
Your Laser Options
- Fraxel 1927/1550 – Partially ablative – A heavier-duty option for patients interested in seeing big changes to pigmentation, wrinkles, scarring, and more. This is ideal for patients who have experienced significant sun damage and are frustrated by premature aging. This laser does penetrate the skin but does so with selective columns, so a portion of skin remains intact – this helps lead to a comfortable healing process.
- Clear + Brilliant – Non-ablative – A gentler option for patients interested in holding off the aging process and subtly improving their skin’s appearance. Ideal Clear + Brilliant patients are often young or have experienced minimal sun damage, but are interested in prolonging their healthy skin.
Wheaton Laser Resurfacing | Skin Resurfacing Wheaton | Laser Skin Resurfacing Wheaton