Routine hair removal is exhausting. Waxing, shaving, and plucking all get rid of unwanted hair, but their effects are always temporary – and making sure you’re hair-free takes a lot of time and effort. The next day, you start all over again, encountering ingrown hairs and rising costs along the way.
If you’re looking for life without problem hair, permanent hair removal is the answer. Instead of lifelong spending on razor blades, waxing and threading sessions, and other supplies, invest in permanent hair removal. You’ll feel more comfortable, love having skin without red spots or ingrown hairs, and save countless hours on daily hair management.
Radiance Medspa offers hair reduction with three technologies:
- GentleMax Pro – 755 nm Alexandrite laser + 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser
- 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments
How Permanent Hair Reduction Works
- Your hair contains melanin, the same pigment that colors the skin.
- The light from the IPL handpiece or laser travels through the skin, seeking high concentrations of melanin.
- This leads it to the hair’s root, where the light is absorbed by the dark pigment.
- During absorption, the hair bulb and shaft heat up, and the papilla (which produce the hair) are destroyed.
- Treatments only affect active hair follicles, which means that multiple sessions are necessary for ideal results.
- We offer Pro-Nox conscious sedation for any clients interested in reducing discomfort or anxiety that may be associated with treatment.
- A percentage of hair will be removed each time; most patients receive between 6-10 treatments, each spaced 4-6 weeks apart to allow the hair to cycle through its growth periods.
With IPL hair reduction, patients are able to treat nearly any area of the body. The most popular include
Before and After Laser Hair Removal
Discover Faster, More Comfortable Laser Hair Removal
We are thrilled to introduce our patients to the GentleMax Pro. This dual wavelength laser provides gentler and faster treatment to patients of all skin types. This laser offers a large spot delivery system which allows even large areas of skin (like the back or legs) to be treated quickly.
- Appropriate for all skin types
- Offers a cooling effect that makes gel unnecessary to reduce mess and necessary reapplication
- Large areas can be treated efficiently to reduce overall treatment time
- The pulse duration is briefer than other lasers, leading laser energy to be more rapidly absorbed into hair follicles, destroying the follicles
Whether you’ve received laser hair removal in the past and not completed your treatments, or have been interested but hesitating due to potential discomfort and the time commitment involved, this laser could be your answer.
IPL Hair Removal vs. Laser Hair Removal
“Laser hair removal” has become a catchall term that refers to the practice of using light energy to remove hair. IPL treatments are similar to standard laser hair removal, with these differences:
- Larger treatment window – The light spreads out more quickly, over a wider area of skin. This is ideal for women treating larger areas like the legs, or for men treating the chest, back, or stomach.
- Multiple wavelengths – Lasers have a specific wavelength that each one emits. IPL has multiple wavelengths that scatter within the skin. The way it targets pigment in hair means that IPL hair removal is best for individuals with fair skin and dark hair.
- Versatile – IPL can be used to treat any area except the eyes. This includes the upper lip, face, neck, underarms, entire bikini area, buttocks, chest, legs, back, toes, fingers, and even ears.
We offer both laser hair removal and IPL hair removal to allow for different patient needs. Depending on the area from which hair is being removed, we may recommend one treatment over the other.
Ready to leave frustrating hair behind? Schedule a consultation to learn more about whether you’re a candidate for laser or IPL hair removal.