A retreating hairline is never welcome. Whether you’re male or female, you want (and deserve) a full head of thick hair. But, all too often, genetics, stress and other factors contribute to hair thinning as we age.
If you’ve explored hair growth options in the past, you may have been disappointed by ineffective gimmicks or invasive treatment. Is it possible to improve growth, thickness and fullness without resorting to painful measures? Where’s the hair growth option that fits just right?
Non-surgical Hair Again gives our patients a new way to revitalize the scalp. This treatment uses your own plasma, derived from your blood, to stimulate hair follicles. These follicles become active and grow new hair, along its natural patterns.
With Hair Again, you get your old hair back – without gimmicks, and without surgery. Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about PRP for hair loss below, and get in touch for more information.
How does Hair Again work?
- Treatment begins with our provider drawing a small amount of your blood.
- This blood is then spun in a centrifugation system to separate the platelet rich plasma (PRP).
- Plasma is laden with proteins and other key hair growth components. These aid the body in healing and regenerating tissue.
- Once isolated, PRP is injected directly into your scalp.
- There, it begins to stimulate the dormant hair follicles that are not currently growing hair.
- The follicles then enter the active growth phase.
- Treatment takes between 45-60 minutes, and patients can return to regular activities immediately afterward.
How long will it take until I see results?
- In the months after treatment, the PRP will gradually and naturally stimulate new hair growth.
- Your hairline and hair fullness will subtly improve, with marked improvement showing in as soon as 2 months, with most patients noticing a change at 3-4 months.
- By 12 months after treatment, full results will take hold.
- As hair follicles begin growing new hair, you will notice a reduction in overall hair loss as well as fresh hair growth.
The Hair Again treatment plan includes 4 treatments each performed 1 month apart. Patients typically require maintenance treatments after the initial window, as their scalps continue to age. These are typically recommended every 4-6 months.
Is there any discomfort or risk of allergic reaction?
PRP injections contain Lidocaine to numb the treatment area and ensure patient comfort. There may be mild swelling for 1-2 days after treatment, but this will soon fade. Treatment is so gentle that there is no downtime, and patients can wash their hair and engage in all their regular activities on the same day.
Hair Again uses each patient’s own blood to isolate PRP. So there is no risk of allergic reaction, and treatment is extremely safe. PRP is used for both hair growth and wound healing, and has medical as well as aesthetic applications.
Am I a candidate for Hair Again PRP treatment?
Schedule a consultation to speak with one of our doctors and learn more about whether this is ideal for your hair loss. Typically, good candidates are experiencing some or all of the following:
- Thinning hair with reduced volume
- Receding hairline
- Hereditary / male pattern baldness
- Increased shedding, with the part widening
- Braids or ponytails causing hair to fall out
- Sudden hair loss due to stress, a new medication or a vitamin deficiency
It’s also important to note that Hair Again is most effective when used during the early stages of hair loss. It is not usually appropriate for patients who are bald.
Get in touch today to learn how to get your hair growing again.